Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Where is our church?

After orientation week was over I was looking forward to going to church and meeting my new ward members. That morning I got all ready and even had to wake Emma up from her nap early. We plugged the address into the gps and headed south into Kansas City. The whole 20 minutes of driving I just couldn't believe there wasn't a closer church. As we got closer we were in a really sketchy part of town. There were punk kids walking up the streets with a knife, people out smoking, we passed about 8 other churches of other beliefs. We drove around for 20 more minutes looking for an LDS chapel. It was very disappointing that we couldn't find our church. We drove another 20 minutes back home, and then after talking to our neighbors we realized that church was about 10 minutes away.
Since then we have been able to go to church twice. Our ward isn't real big, but it is super nice and there are some great members there.
I had to throw in at least one picture. I love these two kids so much!

2 comments:

  1. Julie the little kids look so sweet. I have been waiting and waiting for you to start posting again. These were so fun. It seems like so long ago that all that happened but it really hasn't been,just so much packed in so short of time. Love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete